Assault and battery is a serious criminal offense that can result in a number of penalties that could potentially have a negative impact your life for years to come. If you have been arrested on assault & battery charges in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, or anywhere else in the Bay Area, it's crucial that you contact an experienced criminal defender right away. A good Contra Costa and Alameda County assault and battery lawyer will ensure your rights and best interest are defended and fought for during the legal process.
Furthermore, with a skilled defense lawyer on your side, your chances of being found guilty may decrease significantly. Schedule your initial consultation to speak with experienced defense attorney - Lynn Gorelick.
Criminal Lawyer Lynn Gorelick, of the Gorelick Law Offices, is here to Help. Call Lynn at (510) 785-1444 or (925) 847-3006.
East Bay Assault and Battery Defense
Assault and Battery is a charge that has a wide range of meaning, and is associated with a number of different types of confrontations that lead to injury. Some of the different types of charges that can be filed in this regard include:
- Assault: the unlawful attempt of an individual to cause harm, injury, or death to another person
- Battery: the unlawful and violent use of force against another person with the intent to cause injury, harm, or death
- Assault & Battery: the combination of intentionally threatening to harm another individual, and carrying out those intentions by actually causing harm, death, or injury
- Assault with a Deadly Weapon: using a weapon to threaten, harm, injury, or kill another person
- Assault with a Firearm: using a firearm to threaten, harm, injury, or kill another person
- Assault on a Police Officer: technically, the charge can include police, firefighters, EMTs, and other code enforcement officials
- Battery with Injury
- Other violent acts committed with the intention of causing injury to another party
Assault and Battery Penalties in California
If you are found guilty of assault & battery, the judge will not hesitate to impose a harsh sentence, such as incarceration, stiff fines, probation, restitution to the victim, mandatory counseling, community service, and a mark on your permanent record. In addition, if you are convicted of felony assault & battery, your reputation will suffer and you will lose certain rights, such as your right to possess a weapon, the right to vote, and the right to hold certain jobs.
Protect yourself and your future when charged with assault and battery in the Bay Area
If you face assault and battery or related charges in the Bay Area, it is important to have an experienced criminal defense lawyer review your case. Alameda and Contra Costa Criminal Defense Attorney Lynn Gorelick provides people accused of assault and battery a free initial case evaluation where she will review the facts of your case, your potential defenses, discuss your future plans and goals, and present an initial assessment and plan for your case.
To schedule your free consultation, call her at (510) 785-1444 or (925) 847-3006 today.
Cities Gorelick Law Offices serve:
Criminal Defense for Alameda County – Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, Castro Valley, Dublin, Emeryville, Fremont, Hayward, Livermore, Newark, Oakland, Piedmont, Pleasanton, San Leandro, San Lorenzo, Sunol, Union City
Criminal Defense for Contra Costa County– Alamo, Antioch, Bay Point, Bayview, Blackhawk, Brentwood, Clayton, Concord, Crockett, Danville, El Cerrito, El Sobrante, Hercules, Kensington , Lafayette, Marina Bay, Martinez, Moraga, Orinda, Pleasant Hill, Richmond, San Pablo, San Ramon, Walnut Creek