Weapons charges stem from the illegal possession, sale, or use of a weapon or firearm. In California, the laws regarding the ownership, display, and carrying of weapons are very strict. If you are facing weapons charges in Alameda County, Contra Costa County, or another place in the Bay Area, you should obtain experienced legal counsel right away.
Overview of weapons charges in California
Attorney Lynn Gorelick has over 30 years of experience helping clients overcome the potentially life-altering effects of a conviction. Ms. Gorelick proudly defends clients against a number of weapons charges, such as:
- Unlawful possession of a firearm
- Unlawful possession of an illegal weapon
- Unlawful sale of a firearm or weapon
- Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon
- Discharging a firearm
- Using a firearm while committing a crime
- Unlawful distribution of a weapon or firearm
- Minor in possession of a weapon
- Assault with a deadly weapon
- Concealing a weapon or firearm
Protect yourself if you are charged with a weapons crime
Weapons charges carry severe consequences and can be quite nuanced in their defense. They are not always cut and dry, and you may have valid defenses or mitigating factors that can help you beat the charges or improve your position. Attorney Lynn Gorelick will review your case, your history and discuss your future with you at a free initial consultation. Call 510-785-1444 to schedule your meeting.